2022-12-10 – NEW Practice Mode Added!
Key2Keyboard takes the Morse code input from a straight or Iambic key, via a MY KEY SERIAL or MY KEY SERIAL2 device, and emulates many of the keyboard functions into your favorite Windows app (Example FLDigi). A MY KEY SERIAL2 device, or serial port using the RTS line can also send Morse code to a transmitter. A MY KEY MOUSE interface can also be used for most functions except keyboard emulation mode. Practice Receiving and, with a Key or Keyboard, Sending back.
Windows 10 (other platforms not tested). Lightweight: 2MB disk space and 20MB memory
Your favorite key and a MY KEY SERIAL, MY KEY SERIAL2, or serial port using CTS and DSR for the key inputs and DTR as a control line. As an alternative to a serial device a mouse or mouse interface, such as the MY KEY MOUSE, can be used for practice only and can NOT be used to engage the keyboard functionality.
- Straight, Iambic, and Bug (with single paddle) modes
- Serial (preferred) or Mouse (limited capability) interfaces
- Optional Keying to transmitter
- 10 Macro functions
- Keyboard emulator to push decoded Morse code into your favorite app!
- NEW – Practice receiving and/or sending
- Random Call signs, random groups, or news feed practice
- Optionally send back individual characters or words via Key or Keyboard.
- Fuctions such as Farnsworth, Auto Speed changing & include/exclude characters.
- (and more to come…….)
Latest Update: 20221210.2 released on 2022-12-23
- Improved decode timing of CW keying
- Fixed but with practice mode when selecting Text by word reply.
- Download the software here.
- Extract the zip file into a temporary location (you can remove when setup is complete).
- Run Setup.exe, follow the instructions (next, next…..finish).
- Connect your key and enjoy
- Program not always choosing default sound output. Go to sound settings in control panel, select the output device, then restart Key2Keyboard.
- Tab order is random but widgets are ordered (MS problem?)
- Ability to push decoded CW to another serial port using WinKey or CI-V commands.
- Multi-Platform re-write – Usable on Windows, Linux, and Mac (will be a while – this is a HUGE change!)
- Yes there is more but we’re not telling 🙂
You must be logged in to post a comment.